Sixth International Prints for Peace Call to Participate Mexico 2013
Sixth International Printmaking Call to Participate Mexico 2013.Guest country US.
Deadline for receiving Print in Monterrey: April 1, 2013
The Art/Human Development Project and Instituto Mexicano Norteamericano de Relaciones Culturales invites all Printmaking Artists to participate in the Sixth International Printmaking Exhibit; Prints for Peace 2013 in Monterrey NL México.
All prints that have the required specifications will be exhibited in May or June 2013 Arte AC / Tecnológico de Monterrey.
The guest country for this 2013 exhibit is US. This means that we are able to publish their message of peace and exhibit them in a separate wall. The prints from the US will also be exhibited at IMNRC Monterrey during 2013 as an individual exhibit thanks to Julian Nava Espejo.
A selection of 50 prints chosen by a jury will be displayed on the invitation and poster.
The first award is the opportunity of a solo exhibit in 2014. The second award is the opportunity to participate in the Third International Printmaking Collective in 2014.
There is no entry fee in lieu of the donation of the print to the Prints for Peace Collection and Art/Human Development Workshop, Monterrey, NL México.
The Specifics: Only prints that comply with the regulations will be exhibited. We are sorry, the prints that do not comply will not be returned.
1. Prints: Each artist should send one original hand pulled print. No digital, photos or copies accepted.
2. Paper Size : 10 x 10 inches or 25 x 25 cm. Image size can vary or bleed out of the paper. The paper size is extremely important. The image can be any size.
3. Theme: Peace.
4. Medium: Entries may feature any technique of printmaking and should be signed.5. Deadline: April 1, 2013. Prints received in Monterrey. If the print is late we will save it for next year.
6. Please include a print appropriate for all audiences. They will eventually be included in other events involving school children.
By sending a print, the artist gives permission to use the print and its image in other non-profit educational events about peace.
The prints will not be sold; they will become part of the collection Prints for Peace Arte/Desarrollo Humano Workshop of Casa Hogar el Refugio Monterrey NL, México.
7. Exhibits: All Prints will be exhibited. The Photos of the exhibit will be posted on the same page as the Art in the web. Selections of 50 Prints will be exhibited in other galleries. Please see more information in our web page: http://www.printsforpeacemexico.blogspot.com/
8. Awards. The first and second prize winners will be announced in August 2013. The first award will be invited for a solo exhibit in Monterrey, NL. The artist will send 12 to 15 original prints with pass partout (cardboard window) and without frame. The committee will frame the prints and send back the original prints without the pass partout (cardboard window) or the frame.
Collective exhibit. The artist awarded the second price will send three prints with pass partout to the Fifth International Printmaking Collective in 2014 at Centro Culural Arquitectura of Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Léón, Monterrey México. Ten artists will participate. The theme is free. The first and second prize winners are asked to donate one print to Arte/Desarrollo Humano to be used for future exhibits.
10. Entry Form: The application (entry) form should accompany the work, including the name and the nationality of the artist as well as the title, year and the technique used in the work. Please print the entry form in a letter size paper.The entry form is below these regulations.
11. Address: The works should be sent to: Guadalupe Victorica/PO Box/Apartado Postal #2175/Sucursal Tecnologico/Monterrey NL 64841/ Mexico
14. Sending Work: Please send Print by air-mail well protected , unframed, without window or passé par tout.
The print should be protected with a rigid cardboard or similar so that it cannot bend in the mail. Please allow enough time for the print to be here on time. Please send the print as "No commercial value" and “Please do not Bend”.Please note: packages with declared amounts of money arrive directly in the customs to pay duty. These packages will not be received.
15. Information : Please have only this information in the back of the print written in pencil: complete name , title of Print, technique.
16. E-mail. Please RSVP by e-mail if you are able to do so to: email@example.com . If possible, please send a message indicating your intention to participate.
When we receive your print we will post the names in our web page. All other matters will be resolved by the Prints for Peace Committee. More information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sixth International Printmaking exhibitPrints for Peace 2013 Entry Form Monterrey, NL México.
ENTRY FORM Please print very clear or use computer in a regular letter size paper Artist Name___________________________________City and Country______________________________________ Title of Print________________________________________Technique and year______________________________________________ ________________________________________Occupation___________________________________an electronic mail address for contact_____________________________________Web site if available____________________________________Note about the print and message of peace ___________________________________________ ___________________________________________ _____________________________I give permission to Prints for Peace to use the image for promotional material. I donate the print to be used in activities related to the promotion of Peace and educational purposes. The Prints will not be sold.Name and Signature__________________________________ Thank you.
Poster Second International Colective Prints for Peace 2009
Poster with the 280 names from 48 countries
Poster and Invitation 2008
First Prints for Peace 2008
FIrst International Printmaking Collective
Centro Cultural Abasolo UANL
Prints for Peace 2008
Selection of 42 Prints for San Nicolás de los Garza Nuevo León México, April 2009
Fourth Printmaking International call Prints for Peace Mexico 2011. This exhibit is part of Arte/Desarrollo Humano : an organization that works with art for social action. The topics we work with are Peace, Family Violence and Art for Human Development with youth groups.
Selections of 30 or 40 Prints for Peace are lend for activities that promote peace, human rights, spiritual gatherings and educational programs.